Uel D. Hansen, MD
Uel D. Hansen, MD Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. Uel Hansen’s focus is total hip and total knee replacement surgery. As a board-certified orthopedic surgeon, he takes people with arthritis and tries to make them better by replacing their joints.
Dr. Hansen was serving as a medical platoon leader in the U.S. Army when he was accepted to medical school. The Army funded his medical school and his orthopedic training was with the military. Dr. Hansen spent six years taking care of the orthopedic needs of soldiers and their families. After completing his military obligation, he trained for a year in Chicago at Rush University Hospital. While there, he worked with world-renowned surgeons doing hip and knee replacements surgeries.
For Dr. Hansen, the most rewarding part of orthopedics is making a positive change in a patient’s life by improving their function. For him, the heart of orthopedics is helping people function better with less pain.
A family man, Dr. Hansen loves spending time with his wife and children. He also enjoys being outside and working on outdoor projects. Having grown up on a farm, he appreciates the abundant agriculture produced in the Tri-Cities region. Dr. Hansen and his family are very grateful to be in the Tri Cities and happy to be a part of this community.
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science in Biological and Irrigational Engineering, Utah State University, Logan UT
- Medical: Chicago Medical School, Rosalind Franklin University, North Chicago IL
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: (Combined programs) William Beaumont Army Medical Center, El Paso, TX. Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, El Paso, TX
- Fellowship: Adult Joint Reconstruction, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Lieutenant Colonel, U.S. Army
- Served with the 250th Forward Surgical Team in Afghanistan, 2010
- Purple Heart Medal
- Meritorious Service Medal
- Army Commendation Medal
- Army Achievement Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
- Expert Field Medical Badge
- Airborne Badge
An Orthopaedic Surgery Specialist
The focus of Dr. Hansen's practice includes:
Outpatient Hip and Knee Replacements
Total and Partial Knee Replacement
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Revision Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery
Sports Medicine (Arthroscopy)
Adult and Pediatric Fracture Care
Meet Uel D. Hansen MD
What Are People Saying About Dr. Hansen?
Jessica J. Alvarez, PA-C Physician Assistant
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science, Nursing, Walla Walla University, College Place, WA
- Graduate: Master of Physician Assistant, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants