Faustin R. Stevens, MD
Faustin R. Stevens, MD Foot & Ankle Surgeon
Dr. Faustin Stevens’ focus is on foot and ankle issues. As a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon, he provides specialized treatment—surgical and non-surgical—to relieve patients of the pain they are suffering due to foot or ankle problems.
Dr. Stevens became an orthopedic surgeon because he was intrigued by the complex nature of the foot and ankle and the way they work together to allow us to walk, run, and jump. If your feet are hurting, you notice a deformity, your shoes no longer fit right, or you experience an injury, it is time to see Dr. Stevens.
He’s often asked by patients which shoes are the best. He usually recommends that patients treat high-heeled, pointy-toed, fashionable shoes like a rich dessert—it’s ok to indulge once in a while, but if done frequently, it will lead to problems. Dr. Stevens treats conditions from hammer toes and bunions, to total ankle replacement and everything in between. The treatment he provides allows patients to resume their lifestyle activities free of pain.
Because of the extensive training they receive, orthopedic foot and ankle surgeons are your best choice for accurate diagnosis and treatment of the complex problems in this part of the body. Born and raised in the Tri-Cities, Dr. Stevens takes great pride knowing that through the training he received and treatments he provides, he’s contributing to the well-being of his family, friends, and the community. The greatest compliment a patient can give Dr. Stevens is not verbal, but rather demonstrating their ability to now walk pain free.
Having grown up right here in the Tri-Cities as the son of one of our local teachers, Dr. Stevens understands the culture of our community and can relate to patient needs and fears. After completing medical training in Texas, he moved back to the Tri-Cities without hesitation, drawn to the friendly people, majestic rivers, beautiful sunsets, and warmth of nearby family.
Dr. Stevens and his wife have six beautiful and healthy children. They love to mountain bike, snow ski, and participate in community service projects together as a family.
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science in Microbiology, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
- Medical: Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX
- Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Surgery Fellowship: Idaho Foot & Ankle Fellowship with Dr. Michael J. Coughlin, MD, Boise, ID
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- Minimizing electromagnetic interference from surgical instruments on electromagnetic surgical navigation. Stevens F, Conditt MA, Kulkarni N, Ismaily SK, Noble PC, Lionberger DR. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2010 Aug;468(8):2244-50. Epub 2010 May 29.
- Ingrown toenails: Current Procedures to Treat Acute and Chronic Problems–Steps to Prevent Recurrence. Stevens FR, Coughlin MJ. Consultant. 2012 May;52 (5):379-388.
- Prospective study of hammertoe correction with an intramedullary implant. Catena F, Doty JF, Jastifer J, Coughlin MJ, Stevens FR. Foot Ankle Int. 2014 Apr;35(4):319-25. Epub 2014 Jan 17.
- Low-Level Laser Therapy for the Treatment of Chronic Plantar Fasciitis: A Prospective Study. Jastifer JR, Catena F, Doty JF, Stevens F, Coughlin MJ. Foot Ankle Int. 2014 Feb 7;35(6):566-571. [Epub ahead of print]
- First metatarsocuneiform joint mobility: radiographic, anatomic, and clinical characteristics of the articular surface. Doty JF, Coughlin MJ, Hirose C, Stevens F, Schutt S, Kennedy M, Grebing B, Smith B, Cooper T, Golanó P, Viladot R, Remington R. Foot Ankle Int. 2014 May;35(5):504-11. Epub 2014 Feb 21.
- Osteochondral Lesions in Surgically Treated Hallux Valgus. Jastifer JR, Coughlin MJ, Doty JF, Stevens FR, Hirose C, Kemp TJ. Foot Ankle Int. 2014 Apr 7;35(7):643-649. Epub 2014 Apr 7.
- Sensory Nerve Dysfunction and Hallux Valgus Correction: A Prospective Study. Jastifer JR, Coughlin MJ, Doty JF, Stevens FR, Hirose C, Kemp TJ. Foot Ankle Int. 2014 May 7;35(8):757-763. [Epub ahead of print]
- Low-Level Laser Therapy at 635 nm for Treatment of Chronic Plantar Fasciitis: A Placebo-Controlled, Randomized Study. Macias DM, Coughlin MJ, Zang K, Stevens FR, Jastifer JR, Doty JF. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2015 Mar 10. pii: S1067-2516(14)00642-5. [Epub ahead of print]
- Hirose CB, Coughlin MJ, Stevens FR. Arthritis of the Foot and Ankle. Mann’s Surgery of the Foot and Ankle, 9th ed. Philadelphia, Elsevier-Saunders, 2014, pp. 867-1007.
- Farr BK, Nguyen D, Stephenson K, Rogers T, Stevens FR. Foot and Ankle Injuries. Clinical Orthopaedic Rehabilitation, 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Elsevier-Mosby, 2011, pp. 315-331.
- Stevens FR, Conditt M, Kulkarni N, Noble PC, Lionberger DR. Electromagnetic vs. Infrared Surgical Navigation Systems for TKA: A Comparison of Accuracy. Podium presentation. AAOS and ORS; 2006.
- Stevens F, Conditt M, Ismaily SK, Kulkarni N, Noble PC, Lionberger DR. Effect of Operating Room Environment on the Accuracy and Precision of an Electromagnetic Surgical Navigation System. Poster presentation. AAHKS and AAOS; 2006.
- Stevens FR, Casey L, Strebel S, Stuhlman C, Brindley GW. Transfusion Rates After Hip Fracture: Does Multi-drug VTE Prophylaxis Make a Difference? Podium presentation. Orthopaedic Research Symposium, TTUHSC; 2011.
"If you know the whole picture, it makes it easier to treat the whole person."
Faustin R. Stevens, MD
Foot & Ankle Surgeon
Surgical & Non-Surgical Foot & Ankle Care
Dr. Stevens is trained to treat all disorders of the foot and ankle, both surgical and nonsurgical, including:
Trauma to the Foot & Ankle
Ankle Cartilage Lesions
Elective Foot & Ankle Surgery, Including Bunion Deformities
Total Ankle Replacement
What Are People Saying About Dr. Stevens?
Rich Withers, PA-C Physician Assistant
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science, Biology, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
- Graduate: Master of Physician Assistant Studies, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID
- Washington Academy of Physician Assistants
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants