Faustin R. Stevens, MD
Faustin R. Stevens, MD Foot & Ankle Surgeon
Faustin R. Stevens, MD, is board certified and fellowship trained in Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery. He understands the complexities of foot and ankle deformities and their relationship with the knee, hip, and spine.
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science in Microbiology, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
- Medical: Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX
- Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Surgery Fellowship: Idaho Foot & Ankle Fellowship with Dr. Michael J. Coughlin, MD, Boise, ID
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Minimizing electromagnetic interference from surgical instruments on electromagnetic surgical navigation. Stevens F, Conditt MA, Kulkarni N, Ismaily SK, Noble PC, Lionberger DR. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2010 Aug;468(8):2244-50. Epub 2010 May 29.
- Ingrown toenails: Current Procedures to Treat Acute and Chronic Problems–Steps to Prevent Recurrence. Stevens FR, Coughlin MJ. Consultant. 2012 May;52 (5):379-388.
- Prospective study of hammertoe correction with an intramedullary implant. Catena F, Doty JF, Jastifer J, Coughlin MJ, Stevens FR. Foot Ankle Int. 2014 Apr;35(4):319-25. Epub 2014 Jan 17.
- Low-Level Laser Therapy for the Treatment of Chronic Plantar Fasciitis: A Prospective Study. Jastifer JR, Catena F, Doty JF, Stevens F, Coughlin MJ. Foot Ankle Int. 2014 Feb 7;35(6):566-571. [Epub ahead of print]
- First metatarsocuneiform joint mobility: radiographic, anatomic, and clinical characteristics of the articular surface. Doty JF, Coughlin MJ, Hirose C, Stevens F, Schutt S, Kennedy M, Grebing B, Smith B, Cooper T, Golanó P, Viladot R, Remington R. Foot Ankle Int. 2014 May;35(5):504-11. Epub 2014 Feb 21.
- Osteochondral Lesions in Surgically Treated Hallux Valgus. Jastifer JR, Coughlin MJ, Doty JF, Stevens FR, Hirose C, Kemp TJ. Foot Ankle Int. 2014 Apr 7;35(7):643-649. Epub 2014 Apr 7.
- Sensory Nerve Dysfunction and Hallux Valgus Correction: A Prospective Study. Jastifer JR, Coughlin MJ, Doty JF, Stevens FR, Hirose C, Kemp TJ. Foot Ankle Int. 2014 May 7;35(8):757-763. [Epub ahead of print]
- Low-Level Laser Therapy at 635 nm for Treatment of Chronic Plantar Fasciitis: A Placebo-Controlled, Randomized Study. Macias DM, Coughlin MJ, Zang K, Stevens FR, Jastifer JR, Doty JF. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2015 Mar 10. pii: S1067-2516(14)00642-5. [Epub ahead of print]
- Hirose CB, Coughlin MJ, Stevens FR. Arthritis of the Foot and Ankle. Mann’s Surgery of the Foot and Ankle, 9th ed. Philadelphia, Elsevier-Saunders, 2014, pp. 867-1007.
- Farr BK, Nguyen D, Stephenson K, Rogers T, Stevens FR. Foot and Ankle Injuries. Clinical Orthopaedic Rehabilitation, 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Elsevier-Mosby, 2011, pp. 315-331.
- Stevens FR, Conditt M, Kulkarni N, Noble PC, Lionberger DR. Electromagnetic vs. Infrared Surgical Navigation Systems for TKA: A Comparison of Accuracy. Podium presentation. AAOS and ORS; 2006.
- Stevens F, Conditt M, Ismaily SK, Kulkarni N, Noble PC, Lionberger DR. Effect of Operating Room Environment on the Accuracy and Precision of an Electromagnetic Surgical Navigation System. Poster presentation. AAHKS and AAOS; 2006.
- Stevens FR, Casey L, Strebel S, Stuhlman C, Brindley GW. Transfusion Rates After Hip Fracture: Does Multi-drug VTE Prophylaxis Make a Difference? Podium presentation. Orthopaedic Research Symposium, TTUHSC; 2011.
"If you know the whole picture, it makes it easier to treat the whole person."
Faustin R. Stevens, MD
Foot & Ankle Surgeon
Surgical & Non-Surgical Foot & Ankle Care
Dr. Stevens is trained to treat all disorders of the foot and ankle, both surgical and nonsurgical, including:
Trauma to the Foot & Ankle
Ankle Cartilage Lesions
Elective Foot & Ankle Surgery, Including Bunion Deformities
Total Ankle Replacement
What Are People Saying About Dr. Stevens?
Rich Withers, PA-C Physician Assistant
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science, Biology, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
- Graduate: Master of Physician Assistant Studies, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID
- Washington Academy of Physician Assistants
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants