Allen B. Shoham, MD
Allen B. Shoham, MD Anesthesiologist & Pain Management Specialist
Allen B. Shoham, MD, is board certified in anesthesiology and pain medicine. He is able to help patients reduce the severity and amount of time they experience pain. His practice is devoted to the diagnosis and treatment of pain, utilizing non-narcotic modern interventional techniques.
- Undergraduate: University of Southern California (USC), Bachelor of Arts in Biological Sciences, Los Angeles, CA
- Medical School: Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU), Portland, OR
- Internship: Internal Medicine — University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno, NV
- Residency: Anesthesiology — Mayo Clinic — School of Graduate Medical Education, Phoenix, AZ
- American Board of Pain Medicine
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- International Spine Intervention Society
- Diplomate, American Board of Pain Medicine
- Diplomate, American Board of Anesthesiology
- Lalwani K, Shoham A, Koh J, McGraw T. The Use of Oxcarbazepine to Treat a Pediatric Patient with Resistant Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. J Pain 2005 Oct;6(10): 704-6.
- Shoham AB. Book Chapter: Closed Circuit Anesthesia In: Faust’s Anesthesiology Review, 4th Edition. Churchill Livingstone (Book chapter) 2015.
- Shoham AB. Book Chapter: Perioperative Pulmonary Aspiration In: Faust’s Anesthesiology Review, 4th Edition. Churchill Livingstone (Book chapter) 2015.
- Shoham AB, Patel B, Arabia FA, Murray MJ. Mechanical Ventilation and the Total Artificial Heart: Optimal Ventilator Trigger to Avoid Post-Operative Autocycling – a Case Series and Literature Review. J Cardiothorac Surg. 2010 May 17;5(1):39.
- B. Shoham, B. Patel, F. A. Arabia, M. J. Murray. Autocycling and the Total Artificial Heart: Optimal Ventilator Trigger for Assisted Ventilation—Case Series Analysis. Anesth Analg 2010; 110; S-93
Treatment and Management of Pain
Dr. Shoham uses the following treatments and procedures to diagnose and manage pain in his patients:
Non-Narcotic Pain Medications
Selective Nerve Root Blocks
Radiofrequency Ablation (Rhizotomy) for Facet and Sacroiliac Pain
Spinal Cord Stimulation
Ultrasound and X-ray Guided Injections
What Are People Saying About Dr. Shoham?
Karen Nguyen, PA-C Physician Assistant
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Clinical Health Services, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Physician Assistant Degree: Physician Assistant, University of Washington School of Medicine, Medex Northwest Physician Assistant Training Program, Seattle, WA
- Member of American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
Caleb Ledford, ARNP, RN Nurse Practitioner
- Bachelor of Science, Economics, Central Washington University
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing, Johns Hopkins University
- Master of Science, Nursing, Johns Hopkins University
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners