Foot Pain Kennewick
Foot Pain Kennewick:
Foot Pain, what causes it? Our feet are very important to the functionality of our bodies. They bear a great deal of our weight when we are standing, walking, running or playing sports. Because of this, our feet are susceptible to injury and pain. “Foot pain” is a reference to pain or discomfort in the toes, heels, arches, soles, or any other part of the foot.
What Causes Foot Pain?
Medical conditions that can cause pain in your feet:
- foot ulcers or sores
- nerve damage in the feet
- clogged or hardened arteries in the legs and feet
- peripheral neuropathy (commonly caused by diabetes)
- hammer toe
- ingrown toenails
- medications that cause swelling in the feet
- neuroma (growth or tumor of nerve tissue)
- Haglund’s deformity
- peripheral arterial disease
- fallen arches
- plantar fasciitis
- athlete’s foot
When should I schedule an appointment with my doctor?
People that have frequent pain in their feet usually know what the causes are and what to do to manage the pain. There are some circumstances where seeing your physician as soon would be important.
See your doctor as soon as possible if:
- the pain is sudden and is severe
- your pain is due to a recent injury
- you have foot pain and also have a medical condition that interferes with blood flow
- the area causing you pain is red and/or inflamed
- you cannot put any weight on your foot after an injury
- the area causing you pain has an open wound
- you also have a fever
FAUSTIN R. STEVENS, MD
Board Certified & Fellowship Trained Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Surgeon
Tri-Cities – Richland, Kennewick and Pasco Washington