Allen B. Shoham, MD
- Undergraduate: BA in Biological Sciences, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Medical: Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR
- Medicine Internship: University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno, NV
- Residency: Mayo Clinic, Phoenix, AZ
- American Board of Pain Medicine
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- International Spine Intervention Society
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- Diplomate, American Board of Pain Medicine
- Diplomate, American Board of Anesthesiology
- Lalwani K, Shoham A, Koh J, McGraw T. The Use of Oxcarbazepine to Treat a Pediatric Patient with Resistant Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. J Pain 2005 Oct;6(10): 704-6.
- Shoham AB. Book Chapter: Closed Circuit Anesthesia In: Murray, Rose, Wedel, Wass, Harrison, Mueller (editors). Faust's Anesthesiology Review, 4th Edition. Churchill Livingstone (Book chapter) 2014.
- Shoham AB. Book Chapter: Anti-Aspiration Drugs In: Murray, Rose, Wedel, Wass, Harrison, Mueller (editors). Faust's Anesthesiology Review, 4th Edition. Churchill Livingstone (Book chapter) 2014
- Shoham AB, Patel B, Arabia FA, Murray MJ. Mechanical Ventilation and the Total Artificial Heart: Optimal Ventilator Trigger to Avoid Post-Operative Autocycling - a Case Series and Literature Review. J Cardiothorac Surg. 2010 May 17;5(1):39.
- B. Shoham, B. Patel, F. A. Arabia, M. J. Murray. Autocycling and the Total Artificial Heart: Optimal Ventilator Trigger for Assisted Ventilation—Case Series Analysis. Anesth Analg 2010; 110; S-93
Karen Nguyen, PA-C+ Bio & Information
for Your Health.
Allen B. Shoham, MD
Allen B. Shoham, MD is a double-board certified interventional pain medicine physician. He is able to help patients reduce the severity and amount of time they experience pain. His practice is devoted to the diagnosis and treatment of pain, utilizing non-narcotic modern interventional techniques, including:
- Non-narcotic pain medications
- Epidural Techniques
- Selective Nerve Root Blocks
- Sympathetic Blocks
- Epidural Lysis of Adhesions
- Facet Blocks
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Ultrasound and X-ray Guided Injections